Thursday 27 May 2010

Title card and RnD

Alright, time for an update i recon.

This might seem like an inactive blog but the project itself is very active.
Storyboarding is pretty much finished and I've slowly started my cg work.

I've had a lot of trouble finding the visual style, but I think I now have a pretty good idea about what I want to do.
I'm thinking of putting the first part of the film out there for the public to follow, and make it a open project, at least for the first minute or so.
I've been doing quite a bit of research and testing on how to create underwater look.
One of the more successfull one can be seen here:



Underwater RnD from Christoffer Andersen on Vimeo.

I've tried to set up a pretty "realistic" environment for this test.
It is a box filled with fog, that I cast light into. The light is broken up by a plane with a ocean texture as transparency.
The glow of the sphere is actually not a "faking" glow of blured light, but a more physical correct glow, of attenuating light, lighting up the surrounding fog.
With this approach, which might not be the most render-friendly, I should be able to pretty easily add any element I want and it should behave nicely :)

Oh! and check out the new titlecard:













Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment