Saturday 20 March 2010

Possible main character

I've done it, scraped it and done it again probably about 10 times by now, but here is first real character design attempt that I post online.
I played around with different shapes and ended up with a very rough 10 sec. sketch that looks like this:




















I kinda liked the design, the high shoulder, the fragile lower legs, the sorta unease and rigidness it has. I think this could be a really cool way to go.
So to test it out, I did a super fast mockup in maya, just blocking in the basic shapes.
It still need to be pushed a lot, right now it's a bit too flat and doesn't have quiet the contrast in form that I'm looking for.

But here it is, the initial blocking of shapes, for what might be the main character of my short:



Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment