Thursday 24 June 2010

More character stuff

I've continiued on the main character, and this is the model in his final stages in maya:

brought the head into mudbox, because I wanted to try something out with displacements, where I used the Flatten brush to flatten patches thus creating a more old and used look, almost like it is carved in stone.


I also did a very quick diffuse map, just to give it a bit for color.
I will probably redo the sculpt, it was more a concept sculpt and done in about an hour.


Anyways here is the look and I think I kinda like it :) :

2 comments:

  1. I like his hands. Not so much the face. The chiseled look is a great thing, but work more on character design. and the face, man, that's the most important part of the character's design, and I think a.t.m. it's a but scarry to look at :D
    The chiseled look btw can be done without sculpting in mudbox, but with a procedural texture like cellular, tweaked a bit, noised, etc. But yeah, in mudbox you get to sculpt exactly what you want in every detail. (but if you have a lot of less important objects in the scene, you could try the more procedural way to awesomeness :P )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virgil!
    Thanks a lot for your comment. I really appreciate it :)
    Nice idea about prodcedural textures. Somehow I didn't think of that. On the character I think I'll go with mudbox sculpt, it is fairly quick anyways. I will try it out on props though! :)

    About the design I've been pretty far around and after a while landed on this one. I think I will stay here, but it is good to know he can seem scary :) Maybe a less zombie look can help a bit.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete